Running any type of business is hard work and as a business owner, being under pressure is part and parcel of your role. However, it is important to reduce the pressure you are often put under and part of this is being able to identify opportunities to outsource work that doesn’t need to be done in-house. Consider how much time you can free up and how much money you can save by not having to have staff to answer all of the incoming telephone calls. This is especially poignant after you run a media campaign to attract more business, as if you run a successful campaign you can expect an influx of incoming calls.
Outsourcing your calls to a specialist call handling centre can be a great way to ease the workload of your staff and allow them to be able to concentrate on their regular roles. It is important to continue to run advertising campaigns to improve and grow your business but this can mean your existing team of staff are put under a lot of pressure to handle a sudden influx of telephone calls, which can then leave them unable to do their job properly.
Check out the following for some ideas on the advantages of employing a call handling company after running a media campaign:
- You can save on the cost of hiring additional members of staff to work in-house
- You don’t have to worry about calls going unanswered
- You can save money on telephone costs
- You can ease the workload of your staff, allowing them to perform their regular role properly
Running A Successful Media Campaign
Marketing plays a pivotal role in the success of any company and it is vital to ensure that you can handle the additional work that will flood in after an advertising campaign. There are often times you will receive an influx of calls in response to a media campaign and it is vital that you don’t miss these new opportunities to grow your business. The last thing you want to do is lose a new customer because you don’t have enough members of staff to take the influx of phone calls coming in and it can be expensive to employ new members of staff in-house. This is where a professional call handling service comes into its own, as you will have the peace of mind that all of the phone calls will be taken without the high costs of employing new members of staff.
Here are some of the reasons why you can expect more phone calls after running a media campaign:
- New customers may call to find out more information about your services or products
- New customers might want to request a brochure or a newsletter to be sent out to them
- New customers may want to call to ask you for a quote
The inflow of calls can be too much for some companies to handle as employing someone to take the calls in-house means not only having to supply them with a salary, but you will also need to provide them with holiday pay, sick leave entitlement, furniture, equipment and every other expense that comes with hiring a new member of staff.
Who Can Help?
Getting a call centre to handle your calls is the best way to ensure that all of your calls are answered. You should look for a company that offers the following features:
- A company that is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days of the year
- A centre that is based in the UK
- A company that offers support services if you have any questions
- A company that offers different call handling services to ensure that they can cater to your needs
It is also important to find a company that uses modern technology to handle your calls. For example, the “Quick Address” software is great as it allows you to find the address of your callers simply through their postcode and their addresses can then be passed onto you.
This has two main benefits to it namely:
- It allows you to minimise human error when sending out information, quotes, brochures etc to ensure it reaches the intended people
- It is great for analysing your marketing campaign in the future, as you will be able to clearly see which areas your campaign was successful in
Being able to see where your new customers live allows you to identify which areas you need to focus on in the future and it is always important to conduct an in-depth analysis after running a media campaign, so you can clearly see where it succeeded and identify where it failed.
Call Handling Services
Employing a company that specialises in handling telephone calls is a great way to ensure that you don’t waste money on your marketing campaign. After all, what is the point of marketing your company if you can’t handle the work that floods in as a result? You should look for a company that offers a range of call handling services and all of the information that they gather will be passed onto your team for you to handle, with the benefit of not having to take the phone calls in-house. You can create your own bespoke package with a call handling company and the cost of this will vary depending on the length of time you want to use them and how many calls they will need to manage.
Some of the most common services offered by a call handling company include the following:
- Basic message taking
- Managing high volumes of calls
- Sending emails containing the customer information and messages
You can usually opt to have some phone calls transferred to your team if there are certain enquiries that you want to handle in-house and some companies will also provide an additional SMS sending service, if you would rather receive your messages via text.
Outsourcing your telephone answering, especially after running a successful marketing campaign, is a great way to ensure your company is running efficiently and cost effectively.