ID badges are extensively used by the schools, offices, factories, IT industries, government offices, and business enterprises as a significant piece of handy document which serves the important function of identifying the holder of the badge.
Particularly in this age of globalization and liberalization where people of different continents work together in various establishments, the ID badges play a versatile and important role in smoothly running the affairs of various organizations.
The benefits of ID Badges are:
It has become customary today to provide ID badges to the school, college and university students. Also with the development of technology it has become easy to record all databases and pictures etc. in the school computers. It serves the institutions in the following ways:
- By providing the badges the authorities can conveniently control and restrict the entry of persons other than the students and the teachers. It becomes easy for the authorities to keep track of the visitors too.
- It helps in recording purposes by making the ID cards mandatory for registration process.
- There are many circumstances when the school needs to ensure the identity such as in various events, in borrowing books from library, in borrowing equipment’s like LCD projector etc. which is restricted among the students and teachers only.
- It also helps to minimize crime by outsiders in the form of kidnapping, shooting and other violence.
- After proper formatting for the specific purpose of the institution alone, it can enable to use it in vending machines.
Identification of a person is far more important for a place where different from working environments exist because here maintenance of assets and exchange of money are involved. The usefulness of ID badges can be as follows:
- With the help of this each and every employee is listed in the database of the company by which identification becomes easy.
- The work places are vulnerable to thieves, spies and other unauthorized persons with Mal-intentions. The badges enable the company to restrict the entry of such persons within the company premises.
- Providing ID badges to the employees inculcate a feeling of belonging and pride in the minds of the employees which helps to increase integrity. The company name, job nature and code numbers are also included in the badges which put the company in high esteem before the public.
- It is also used as access control cards in many organizations, as for example in hotels the ID badges work as personal keys for their customers which give them access to their suits. The same badge can be used to access other facilities in the hotel. For health sectors the badges can play as verification for access to medicinal purposes.
- It is also used in election processes to confirm the identity and all information can be retrieved from the database.
- Another great use of ID badges is in the road transport administration sector where all information is stored in the database regarding all previous violations which can be viewed by the officer simply with a swipe. Thomas Gate has been involved in assisting individuals find simple ways to enhance their quality of life. In this article, he has given information regarding ID badges.