In a desperate attempt to save money, many drivers are opting to drop their car insurance during a tough economical stretch. Since last year, the amount of drivers on the road without car insurance has doubled from 10 to 20 percent. Fortunately, insurance companies are now trying to make it easier for drivers to obtain coverage, a positive thing to hear since car insurance premium is set to increase by 11 percent by the end of 2009.
Here are a few things insurance companies are doing in an attempt to help drivers obtain and afford coverage for their vehicle:
- Pay online. More and more car insurance companies are jumping to the Web, giving their customers and quick and convenient way to pay for coverage. IFA Insurance Co.’s in New Jersey and Pennsylvania have integrated PayPal into their system, decreasing the chances of customers missing their scheduled payments.
- Direct transfer. Some insurance companies provide the option of having your payment withdrawn from your banking account, allowing you to not have to worry about purchasing stamps. Just as paying online does, this benefit greatly decreases a scheduled payment being missed.
- Call and pay. If you don’t know much about computers, call your company and save some money on postage stamps by paying over the phone.
- Break up the payments. By being able to break up payments, you won’t have to pay everything all at once. Insurance companies, especially State Farm, offer detailed payment plans that allow customers to make payments at a reasonable pace.
- Talk to a representative. Car insurance companies understand that having a personal relationship with their customers is an important element. Drivers with questions can go online or call their insurance providers and talk to an actual agent. The hours might vary with different providers, but the outcome is the same.
Dropping Your Car Insurance is Unnecessary
Insurance providers understand that it is a tough time for consumers these days. With rates increasing and jobs decreasing, more and more drivers are choosing to drop their car insurance in an attempt to save money. What they are unaware of, however, is that insurance providers are now making it easier for drivers to obtain affordable and convenient car insurance. Contact your local agent or go online for more information.